Skip to main content

Fortifying Friday - Done!

[caption id="attachment_4712" align="alignleft" width="300"]tgif Image created using Bit Strips.[/caption]

Editing is complete on The Page & The Magician. Well, until an agent or publisher tells me to fix something. This last revision was about making sure the story flowed, fixing grammar and tense issues, and being clever. In correcting flow, I found some spots where I had thrown something in that either didn't jive with the story or I forgot to finish something. A package never got delivered, and that had to be fixed. In being clever, sometimes the smallest changes can add so much to a story. After a great conversation with a friend, I added hints that my world was bigger than the immediate story. I also made tiny changes like the species of a flower to increase meaning. As I've said before, I write in layers. I don't know what layers are beyond this. I've taken my novel as far as I can alone.

With this complete, I have a little breathing room to tend to things like cleaning my home. Not too much. I have more queries I need to do, of course.

I have a short story I also need to plot out because pantsing hasn't taken me nearly far enough. After the short story? The Blood Waitress Club will become my focus.

I also have some other skills to work on and an interview to prepare for. French level 3 starts in a couple of weeks as well.

First, I'm dancing and singing some Green Day in the privacy of my condo. Sorry neighbours! I realize my singing is terrible, but I enjoy it anyway :)

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend despite the chilly weather!

Ciao,
R~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Lot of Bullspit - 2020 ROW80 R3-W5

This week has had a lot of bullspit in it. Shortly after my last trip to buy reno supplies, I discovered mold in my bathroom. While that's not shocking, it's pretty much because they appear to have left wet drywall in the wall and covered the wall with another layer of drywall instead of properly repairing it after a leak. Geniuses. This is a mixed bag. It means I may have to do the tub area sooner than I expected. It is the same wall as the annoying peeling paint, so that's kind of good. I may just need to replace much of the wall, which is about 1.5 drywall boards because it's a small room. Cost wise, the wall repair isn't so bad. I'm not looking forward to having to deal with it, but I acquired the PPE gear for it and the mold removal supplies. Now, here's where the project may change substantially. I was originally planning to install a tub surround over the tile and then use the Rust Oleum tub restore stuff, but if there is mold in the wall, it's li

November 18, 2020

My DRAWING course is done. I was happy to be learning it, but I am looking forward to not having graded assignments. After this, I will continue another course I started, which is entirely self-paced. I'll continue sharing my drawings on my Instagram: @thewritebuttons   On the HOME front, I have made a lot of progress on my couch project. Really, it will be a loveseat. I finished the sewing portion of the seat section, the wood base, and have nearly finished the wood back for it. I've added wheels to it instead of legs because I want to be able to move it for easy cleaning. Today, I am working on the sewing of the back piece. I acquired all the hardware I needed for attaching everything. I will have a wood skirt to do, which will help everything stay in place. I also have the sofa cover for it, though I will still have to figure out the arms. I'm taking a break on the sewing until thimbles come later this week because I'm tired of pricking my fingers.  As far as MUSIC

Slumps

Image by Ulrike Mai For quite awhile, I was stuck in nearly every area of my life. I couldn't even think up ways to get unstuck. And I was sleeping terribly, so perhaps there is a connection there. Recently, I became unstuck. I don't know how or why, but lately I see a problem and can think up a work around in seconds. I may not have the energy to execute it, but at least I am getting the ideas for when I do have the energy. Maybe it's because I started a gratitude journal or because I'm beginning to see the light at the end of my renovation tunnel. It could be the hope I've felt since the inauguration happened. Who knows, maybe it's coffee. Speaking of renovations, there has been some slight progress on the bathroom front. They took measurements and will hopefully have materials soon. I don't know when, but hopefully soon. I had a look at the floor I was originally going to get and it wasn't available anymore. The one that was just like it had a pattern