Well, roller derby practice was cancelled tonight, so I finished the conversion of my novel into Scrivener. I had originally started doing this in an overly manual, as in cut-and-paste each chapter, way. I decided that was silly and I have too much computer background to be mucking about with that nonsense. I started using the import feature. The first attempt with the import just put it in one big file. At first glance, I thought this wasn't what I wanted, so I tried another one. The second import attempt, I tried the split feature using the # symbol. It didn't work. It went through the motions but didn't populate any information into my project. I started screwing around a bit and found an option that lets you select text and have it and everything that follows it split out into a new scene. This, I decided, would do the trick if combined with the first import attempt. I did a first pass of separating them out into the chapters. Next I created chapter folders and
Welcome to Rae Roy's domain. Please enjoy your cyber stay, however brief it may turn out to be. There is much on offer here, but some is not for the faint of heart. My pen can be wicked. Consider yourself forewarned.