|Image by Larisa Koshkina from Pixabay.|
Eleven years ago I made a tough decision and got out of a bad situation. Five months later, I moved to Ottawa and began rediscovering myself. The following November, I began writing the first novel of a series. I'm still editing that novel, but in that time I:
- Attained a blue belt level in karate
- Bought a condo.
- Got my full G license.
- Played a season of roller derby on a championship house level team.
- Got to Nidan level in Iaido.
- Got to Ikkyu level in Jodo.
- Won 2 bronze medals in Iaido tournaments.
- Had some short stories published by small presses.
- Was restructured out of the job I had moved to Ottawa for.
- Returned to school for Scriptwriting.
- Tried some other martial arts.
- Attempted piano lessons with several instructors.
- Got into guitar and ukulele for a bit.
- Reached a semi-final level in a screenplay contest.
- Got a new job with a wonderful team of people.
- Had a number of relationships.
- Survived the pandemic.
- Survived the never-ending bathroom reno.
- Had my "gay awakening."
- Lost my mother.
- Found two sports I enjoy
- Made a lot of memories with friends.
- Read a lot of books.
- Crafted a lot of things.
So yeah, I might not have that novel quite ready for readers yet, but I found my way back to myself and I think that means more than any one goal.
I'm not where I want to be yet on some things, but I'm heading in the right direction.