Skip to main content

August Updates

August 8th:
Well, I made a lot of progress on my bathroom reno, but I also hurt myself. After several days of working on it, I'm done installing and caulking the trim. I believe it was the contortionist maneuvering I had to do near the toilet that has done my oblique in near my back. At least it's only part of the oblique muscle?

That being said, the main things left are painting the trim, and some other caulking. Those items can mostly be done regardless if I save the trim painting behind the toilet for later. 

August 15th:
So, I meant to post that last week, but I was in quite a lot of pain. Though I haven't fully recovered, I'm doing much better. I acted background in a movie for a fight scene and was able to throw myself to the ground without hurting myself. Mostly. I did come away with a bruise on my calf from my own shoe:

I'm extremely tired after 4.5 hours in a park during ragweed season, but it was so nice being able to see friends and hug them!

August 29th:
Clearly I'm doing well at blogging lately (sarc).

Sorry for being terrible in this area.

But I have reached the d├ęcor part of the bathroom reno! Though I'm not completely through the project, this completes phase 1 and I can take a break. This is good because I really need to clean the mess that living in a reno has brought.

It's also a good time for before and after photos. Before:

After:
With that, I'm 90% through the bathroom reno!

Phase 2 will be having a plumber convert the valve, installing a tub surround, and refinishing the tub's inner and top surfaces.


For other updates, check out my Trello: https://trello.com/b/RM8yD3eq/rae-roy-general

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Lot of Bullspit - 2020 ROW80 R3-W5

This week has had a lot of bullspit in it. Shortly after my last trip to buy reno supplies, I discovered mold in my bathroom. While that's not shocking, it's pretty much because they appear to have left wet drywall in the wall and covered the wall with another layer of drywall instead of properly repairing it after a leak. Geniuses. This is a mixed bag. It means I may have to do the tub area sooner than I expected. It is the same wall as the annoying peeling paint, so that's kind of good. I may just need to replace much of the wall, which is about 1.5 drywall boards because it's a small room. Cost wise, the wall repair isn't so bad. I'm not looking forward to having to deal with it, but I acquired the PPE gear for it and the mold removal supplies. Now, here's where the project may change substantially. I was originally planning to install a tub surround over the tile and then use the Rust Oleum tub restore stuff, but if there is mold in the wall, it's li

November 18, 2020

My DRAWING course is done. I was happy to be learning it, but I am looking forward to not having graded assignments. After this, I will continue another course I started, which is entirely self-paced. I'll continue sharing my drawings on my Instagram: @thewritebuttons   On the HOME front, I have made a lot of progress on my couch project. Really, it will be a loveseat. I finished the sewing portion of the seat section, the wood base, and have nearly finished the wood back for it. I've added wheels to it instead of legs because I want to be able to move it for easy cleaning. Today, I am working on the sewing of the back piece. I acquired all the hardware I needed for attaching everything. I will have a wood skirt to do, which will help everything stay in place. I also have the sofa cover for it, though I will still have to figure out the arms. I'm taking a break on the sewing until thimbles come later this week because I'm tired of pricking my fingers.  As far as MUSIC

ROW80 2020 R4 - GOALS

I've gotten zero writing done recently, however, I had other pressing things.  HOME As my new bed frame was due for arrival last Friday (more on this later), I hauled ass and purged a bunch more stuff from my home. I brought a full carload to donation and started loading up again. I also dealt with my old mattress, which I'm repurposing for a couch. Now, I didn't fully complete it as I haven't figured out all the pieces, but I did get it cut up appropriately and moved out of my bedroom. I'm currently sewing it back together. As for my bedroom, I was able to do a major declutter and access areas I haven't been able to in months. But that area now has bathroom stuff in it. There is more to do, but I'm really happy with my progress of late. I've cut myself numerous times on the couch project including my heel finding a tiny piece of glass, my palm finding a wayward staple, my knuckle finding who knows what, my one thumb having a run in with a box cutter, an